FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What can the Front Desk people see when you check in? (merged)
Old Sep 26, 2009, 9:42 pm
Moriens

When I checked in for a stay using Free Weekend Night awards, the "Welcome Desk" clerk (it was a W) actually wrote my Starpoint balance on my keyholder.

I'm not sure if this is a new thing, something to do with W's StarGuest tracking system, or just a slight misinterpretation of a policy like “on an award stay, write the number of Starpoints instead of the rate”. In any case, the hotel definitely had access to my Starpoints balance. Which makes sense if they offer Instant Awards.

(I also had this happen at a Holiday Inn once, with IHG's version of points, on a paid stay. Maybe it's a new hospitality industry fad?)

The back of the keyholder had this information about StarGuest:

We want you to feel at home at W Hotels, and for each stay to be more wonderful than the last. To help do this, W has created the StarGuest Recognition system. How it works is simple. Whenever we learn what you want and when you want it, with your consent we may make note of it. Our goal is to personalize your future visits.

Of course, if you would prefer us not to collect your preferences, simply inform us when we tell you about the program, or inform the Welcome Desk at any time. We do encourage you to share your preferences however. With your help, we can better anticipate your needs and make your W Hotel experiences special.

If you would like information on W Hotel's privacy practices, you may view our privacy statement at www.starwoodhotels.com, or call our privacy information line at 1-877-782-0071.