FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Downgraded food and service in business class
Old Sep 25, 2009, 9:09 pm
dhuey
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by RTW4
IMHO I agree that I will also take JL from now on.. The first class food on NH 5 last week was inedbible... Since I consider the food was the cornerstone of the NH first class experience I DO think the NH service has become "variable". . too bad for such a great airline....
That plan works...as long as JL keeps flying.

http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...?xid=rss-world

Japan Airlines Needs GM-Style Bailout
By Coco Masters / Tokyo

When Japan Airlines (JAL) switched from glass wine bottles to plastic ones in coach class earlier this year, passengers took it as just another sign of the humbling of the country's once-proud flagship carrier. But far greater humiliations were in store for Asia's largest airline by revenue. Beset by a steady erosion of its customer base, high cost structures and a $15.4 billion debt load, JAL lost about $1 billion last quarter and projects a loss of about $700 million for this fiscal year. With nowhere else to turn, JAL CEO Haruka Nishimatsu this week met with Transport Minister Seiji Maehara to discuss a government bailout, inviting unflattering comparisons between the Japanese airline and American carmaker GM.