FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PV Alert: Can I Take Photos at the Checkpoint and Airport?
Old Sep 25, 2009, 11:02 am
ND Sol

Originally Posted by SDF_Traveler
This is at ISP (eek, not a great pic of me .. but oh well): note the "No Photographs" sign in the background at the checkpoint.
It has taken months corresponding with the TSA and then ISP, but I had a voice mail today from an assistant town attorney for Islip stating that he believes the signs have been removed at ISP and they are reviewing the website concerning the photography statement contained thereon.

Also I now have agreement from a TSA attorney that 49 CFR Part 1520 does not apply to passengers and, as such, the restrictions about photography that were being thrown about by Blogger Bob and the monitors don't apply to us. Just don't interfere with the screening process when taking pictures and you should be okay.

Now I am into my third round with TSA on a sign I saw on Sunday at YYC in the US Customs and Immigration Hall that says no lighters are permitted to be carried on one's person on US-bound flights. To date, the TSA responses have been off-the-mark in addressing the issue.