FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Sep 24, 2009, 2:18 pm
maulah

Originally Posted by deant
In a way, I am glad to see it becoming more and more difficult to do large amounts of dollar deposits. As a taxpayer, I don't like the mint spending millions of dollars on UPS overnight just for people to deposit the coins in a bank and have the bank send the coins back to the fed. Also, with all the bailout money that has gone to the banks I hate to see them spending a lot of money to send coins back to the fed.

The real losers in this game is the American public.
More or less I agree with you. Where ever possible, I try to come with as many as possible brilliant unique ideas to spread the wealth in coins. Yesterday on the phone I asked the county clerk to accept my $2000 property tax in coins as they charge fee for credit cards, she declined. Any way I just went to their office with two boxes of $500 only which was accepted with the rest as check. My electricity bill does not take credit cards. It used to be direct deposit from the Bank but not any more. Now I go personally to the Payday cash shop to deposit the bill in coins.

The maximum that I have ever deposited in a bank is $2000. I just feel so bad for the bank and it somehow does not seem fair to them. Any way I know I am a chicken and no matter how much you justify, I cannot do that. Sorry