FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Chicago Master Thread (Archive Thread)
Old Sep 23, 2009, 7:30 am
dizrythmia

Programs: ICH: Platinum Ambassador, VA: Silver
IC Chicago

After driving past this in 2007 and also seeing its prime location, I've always wanted to stay here. I stayed there 9/12-13.

I initially tried to book three nights but the first night was sold out, hence my staying at IN for a night. But hey, it's not their fault I waited until the last minute.

I had to book a 1 king accessible room since that's all they had, however as an Ambassador they upgraded me to a 1 king bed in the historic tower. Sadly though, it seems this and the late check out were the only Ambassador perks I was given, though that could've been to me booking under the free night offer they had this summer. But really, I don't care about fruit and water anyway.

Also, as I mentioned in another thread, after having to ask a couple times, they ended up comping the internet access for my stay, despite me only originally being promised one day free. That was nice.

The room itself was nice. The bed, as always, was super comfy. There was a nice sized desk and a big television. The shower was nice too.

Also, the location is fabulous. It's located within the Magnificent Mile so it's really close to tons of shopping. Also, there is a bus stop practically in front of the hotel which was super convenient. Any time I needed a cab as well, there were plenty of bellmen around to assist me in finding one.

Parking is a ridiculous $53 a day, though as I said in my other thread, given it's downtown in Chicago, it's not like you can expect free parking. Though thankfully I have friends in the suburbs so I was able to park there and take a train into the city.

All in all, it was a great stay. I really look forward to staying there again as I definitely want to go back to Chicago!