FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Real Food at the ATL Terminal E14 SkyClub
Old Sep 23, 2009, 6:54 am
NWAsilvELITE

Programs: DL DM & MM, Hilton Diamond, IC Plt Amb , Marriott LTP, Hertz President's Circle
Real Food at the ATL Terminal E14 SkyClub

On my way through ATL the other day arriving into Terminal E, I found that my flight was 4+ hrs delayed from all of the flooding that was going on in that local area. I decided to check things out in a DL CR that I was at while I was flying BE to EZE a couple years ago to see what it looked like. This club is past the food area heading to the E14-E17 gates and is not the first club that you see just past TGI Fridays but the one past that around the corner to the right. It has big glass doors that you can't see through.

When I was there a few years ago, only Business Elite (BE) pax could access this lounge which was quite nice, better service, drinks, etc. Now that they have made this a club that is accessible to all SkyClub members, it is a great find for those who never knew about it. The interior of the club has been upgraded in the last year or two and it is very cool. The seats are more comfortable vs. the other E club which compared to this one is very much run down and old.

The main reason for my post was that when I flew BE a few years ago, if you hit the timing right, you got to have some cold appetizers (i.e. pasta salads, nice cheeses, etc.) which were all quite good. So, about the same time as a few years ago (5p-7p) I was pleasantly surprised to find the same sort of spread set out (chicken salad, pasta seafood salad, cheese assortment, cous cous, and a few other items) which was a very nice touch! I know that there are many posts indicating that food is being reduced in other clubs, but this one, for a brief window does still have food. More than us NWA WC'bers are used to.

After 7p, the service went back to the usual snack foods but I am sure the reason for this service was due to the International flights that were headed out at that time. Still, it was great for a few minutes.

Even if there wasn't food at this lounge, the lounge is great. They have opened it up a little more and put new furniture in and it really looks great.