FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St Regis San Francisco [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Sep 22, 2009, 12:00 pm
doodiedan

Programs: AA CK, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
I also stayed here this past weekend for Mrs. doodiedan's birthday (Sunday). I had 2 nights reserved for me and 1 night reserved for my brother and his wife (all 3 nights were FWN).

Since I really wanted to have a good weekend, I didn't want to leave a suite upgrade to chance. I started out by contacting the concierge to see what they could arrange for my wife. After numerous emails I decided that rose petals on the bed (were arranged in a heart shape), accompanied by some chocolate covered strawberries and a nicely placed Tiffany & Co present would do the trick. If you're wondering, I called the Tiffany & Co store in SF and bought the item from them and paid a $20 courier fee to have it delivered to the hotel.

Knowing that they would have to set all of this up prior to my arrival, if it wasn't in a suite, I wouldn't get one. So I contacted the front desk manager who said she would do her best to upgrade me to an Astor suite, but for a nominal charge, she would put me in a Metropolitan suite. Looking online, the price difference between the Astor & Metropolitan was about $300/night, so I was expecting something in that range. When she told me $100/night I jumped on it for both rooms.

When I arrived at the hotel and told them my name, they knew exactly who I was and were very excited to meet my wife. The concierge that helped me prior to arrival (gave me real time updates via email on when the Tiffany present arrived & when the room was set up) was also very helpful once we arrived. When my brother arrived at 10 am Saturday morning, his room was ready since it had been blocked for him and it was directly beneath our room.

I did receive my Plat amenity and a 4pm late checkout.

All said, we had a great stay and would probably stay there again.