FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Regis, Atlanta, GA [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Sep 22, 2009, 11:09 am
bankingguy

I also stayed at this property this weekend. Was upgraded but not to a suite. Room was as expected - great bed, great bathroom, etc.

We had breakfast at Paces 88 - it was very good but hard to justify $55 for breakfast. In the plaza adjoining the property is J. Christophers. We ate breakfast there Sunday morning. It wasn't quite as good as Paces 88 but you can eat there for $10 a person w/ tip.

Chops is also located in the plaza. Steak was pretty good - a bit charred for my tastes. However, the fried lobster tail was fantastic.

Behind the grocery store is a bakery. It was packed the entire time it was open. I hoped to go to it on Sunday but it was closed.

Lenox is 1.25 miles away - seems farther than that though.

As mentioned before, parking at $32 seems a bit high but the service was good. My car was always awaiting us after calling the valet stand on the way out of the room.

Pretty good gym as well. Good mix of cardio, machines, and a few weights. It overlooks the pool.

Overall, a great property. I'm not sure I'll pay the rates to stay there - at least not on business. This will probably be the property where I'll take my wife when visiting Atlanta.