FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - the grapevine: US and UA are talking about something
Old Sep 21, 2009, 9:48 pm
me4yankees

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by iahphx
Well, perhaps they have some data now which shows that pax are willing to pay for these "enhancements," where before they believed they were not. Perhaps its a realization that some of their moves were wrong. Experimentation is not without risks (but also not without rewards: the new fees, for example, will net US $500 million a year).
What enhancements? I'm not talking about fees or à la carte. I was talking about ripping out seats and closets from first class, adding more seats to Y with less pitch/space, not cleaning the aircraft well, not taking care of interior aircraft repairs except with duct tape, the awful reservation migration in March 2007, the bad IRROPS and mishandled luggage of past years, not resolving work group contracts, etc. Those weren't enhancements, those were bad management.

None of these things had to happen. These type of things haven't happened in the DL/NW merger.