FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - evid-doers working the SFO SC..be careful with those daypasses
Old Sep 21, 2009, 8:48 pm
alison11

Programs: UA Prem, DL Plat, CO Plat, Torrid Diva,Rascal House (free cookies!), TWA Ambassador 183506503
evid-doers working the SFO SC..be careful with those daypasses

Flew jfk-sfo last week. Used a Skyclub day pass in JFK. Wonderful. I could not have been happier with the service. Then I went to SFO. They must speak a different kind of "English" there

It started when the gatekeeper agent/henchman told me my pass was no good. It had expired on 9-15, apparently, he said. Funny thing how I received it in the mail from Skybonus on 9-18, and used it earlier that day in jfk. EXPIRATION DATE 9-15-2010 is what the line at the bottom of my card read. (apparentlly they are good for a year from issue date. It was also nice of Delta to fedex the 4 little cards to me, though outrageous and wasteful.)

So he pulled out his red sharpie and wrote all over my pass how it was void. After I objected, tempted to explain the concept of "day," he said that as a "special exception" he would let me use the lounge. But only once today.

I was beyond dissatisfied with the snack selection. I receive better food choices at my local convenience store. 10 minutes later, he's back. he wants to see my ID again. Apparently I have changed identities in his mind. Then he tells me I have to leave. A reiteration of the meanings of "day," "expiration," and "date" did no good. Mr. Henchman and Ms. Henchwoman also threatened to call the police if I did not leave.

Be careful with those SC day passes. The meaning of "expiration date" and "issue date" morph in to new meanings at the SFO SC