FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - More dilution of benefits to Platinum Medallions
Old Sep 21, 2009, 11:33 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by bubbashow
HOWEVER, even if off by 50%, it still doesn't work out. Why should an unprofitable customer be given MORE than the basic services provided. DL sets the price for the basic services, and they are responsible for the fact those loss leader airfares exist. To expect to be upgraded on a loss is unrealistic. I flew DTW-PHX on Friday on a $139 fare. I was upgraded. I don't believe I deserved to be. No, DL's program isn't like AA's. I am glad there is differentiation of some type in the airline business. If another carrier's product works better for you, go there. This inane whining back-and-forth about the evils of DL is a waste of time. If (and ONLY IF) they would improve front-cabin services domestically, I would be in FULL support of no comp upgrades for under M as well. That won't happen, so I will take what get knowing it is a perk, and if I want to fly F confirmed, I have to pay for it.
Are you still sure that $600 RT would not cover your share of the fuel on a trip to LHR (presumably from somewhere near where DL-NW has one of their four larger hubs)? I remember that it was in your post where there was a claim/complaint that a $600 fare does not even cover your share of the fuel to LHR. I have my doubts about the math behind your post that was taking issue with a $600 RT fare to LHR.

A calculation that is relying upon +/- 50% margin of error is the kind of calculation best not relied upon.

Last edited by GUWonder; Sep 21, 2009 at 11:39 am