FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NH or UA?
Thread: NH or UA?
View Single Post
Old Sep 21, 2009, 7:55 am
atakam

Programs: UA 1K, LATAM Comodoro, SPG PLT, WOH Globalist, *G, OW Emerald
Originally Posted by sushi lover
Thanks for all the replies. It seems to me that if you are going to fly on one particular airline it is best to go with their FFP. I am anticipating flying on UAL at least for the next 2 years, so to me it makes sense to use UAL's FFP. Am I understanding it right that that is the only way to get the elite bonus miles of up to 100%? That would mean a lot of extra miles in my case. Also it seems they offer some confirmed upgrades on top of using miles to upgrade. If I switch to flying ANA in the future, I can reevaluate the FFP. My main concern is UAL's ability to exsist long enough to use the miles, but I guess I will take that chance.

Looked at the starnet blocking thing...that is crazy they are getting away with that. Maybe if enough people make some noise about it they will change.

thanks again
UAL's FFP might be a better program than ANA's on the mile earning amount and partners. Also the SWU UG and CR1s. Regarding *net blocking, it might be the negative point (not for me since I usually use miles to UG...flying more than 200,000 BIS I expect to stay home during my free time).

ANA might not have the *net issue, but reedeeming a flight with them will cost you hundreds of USD. As for UA they only charge airport taxes.

Also think about the flexibility of MP vs ANA's, at MP you can redeem for anybody, but ANA has a policy that you can redeem only to relatives (I don't remember if it is 2nd or 3rd layer).