Thread: First Class
View Single Post
Old Sep 20, 2009, 2:52 pm
avidflyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by tammydelta
Hi
I've never flown First Class and Im wondering if it is worth the money I'm being asked to spend , which I can't afford,to upgrade? We are Flying to Manchester England at the end of the month from JFK.. We have been before and due to back surgeries I have a difficult time sitting for any length of time so it was very painful. I needed to get up a lot. Does first class have that much more room? Should i wait till I get to the airport and try to get upgraded, even though our tickets are non upgradeable?
There is a ton of space in Business going to Europe. The seats turn into beds on some ac and others recline to almost flat. 10" flat screen video monitor, great food, etc. That said it cost $5000 and unless you are on an upgradeable fare ($2000-3000) the chances of an upgrade are slim to none. If you are a Platnium or a Gold and coach is over sold there is a slight chance but that is very rare. Sorry for the bad news but you pretty much have to spend $2000 to have the CHANCE at an upgrade. f you want to be sure then you will need to buy Business class.