FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - at 54k eqm....Proceed to plat? or take silver elsewhere?
Old Sep 18, 2009, 3:21 am
pbarnette
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by fti
But status match is only once-a-lifetime. Perhaps the OP doesn't want to use his one-and-only chance for that at this point, but perhaps it is a good option. Just so s/he knows it is not something s/he can do more than once.
I swear that someone was recently told by CO that it is once every 5 years.

Regardless, I don't see the need to go for status if it is strictly for "insurance". If you get upset with DL in the future, just match at that time. Why get a sub-optimal experience in the near-term when the match already offers you an out?

I would only go for GM + SE if you see a real need to fly CO over the next year. If you will be taking more than a trip or two with them, then I would do the split, if only to save on the bag fees.

I would also bear in mind that CO is running a Double EQM promo right now. Since you are on track for Plat, I assume this means you have an additional 25k to fly, so you could conceivably reach CO Gold on the cheap. That would be more attractive than SE.