FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - mileage credit for AF flights: use DL or NW account?
Old Sep 17, 2009, 7:49 am
eastbysouthwest

mileage credit for AF flights: use DL or NW account?

This is my first post, but I have been an avid reader of FlyerTalk, and I hope one of the gurus here can answer my somewhat technical questions.

I am Worldperks gold elite and Skymiles non-elite, which is why I have been using my Worldperks account for all my Skyteam flights. A few days ago I flew JFK to CDG on an AF-coded, AF-operated flight. Today the miles posted, and much to my chagrin I only got 25% of the actual mileage (that is, 25% MQM, and 50% regular miles once the elite bonus is counted).

I went back to reading the fine print and kicked myself. If I understand correctly, Skymiles always gives you 100% credit when flying AF, while Worldperks only gives you 25% on AF discount fares.

A few questions:

- if I call Skymiles, will they let me claim the credit for JFK-CDG on my Skymiles account instead of Worldperks, so I can get 100% of the miles? I was relying on those MQM to make Platinum.

- my return trip goes CDG to LHR to JFK, with the transatlantic AF-coded but DL-operated. If I read the fine print correctly, Worldperks should give me 100% credit for any DL-operated flight. Is this correct? If not, then I should probably switch to using my Skymiles number instead of Worldperks for the return trip.

- I am signed up for the current promotion so I expect I will receive the 10,000 mile bonus for this roundtrip. If I try to switch credit to my Skymiles account, might this result in losing this bonus?

- finally, if I find myself 5,000 miles or so short of Platinum, any suggestions on the easiest way to get these before the end of the year? I am based in NYC.

Many thanks!