FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Removing miles credited from a partner airlines?
Old Sep 15, 2009, 5:57 pm
mike101

Programs: DL Diamond Medallion, AA Executive Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold VIP
Originally Posted by hw711
I did all that. The agents I've talked to understand the situation but the computer system doesn't appearantly so I am stuck.

Just incase you haven't done so, my suggestion would be to speak to either the department which credits miles, or the promotions department. Believe me, when you dial that elite line, the customer service reps do not really know a lot about what they are talking about (in certain cases)

Let me give you an example, I called yesterday asking why my NW flight from Wednesday had not yet posted to my account and I was told that it was "Q" pending (something I already knew) and that it took 3-5 days. When I told her that it was already 5 days, I got a repeated response of, it is pending. When I called back for another department, they were able to fix my problem within hours.

Last month, my r/t to Tokyo earned me a higher elite status. I had called exactly 3 weeks later asking where my welcome package was and elite card. I was told by the elite services line that it had not yet been mailed out and it takes 3 weeks. I checked my mail later that day and had found the card was sent days ago.

Lesson learned, ask for a different department. And good luck with your miles/promo request.