FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rewards Network changes to a new iDine - tiered cash back program
Old Sep 15, 2009, 3:53 pm
jwhite4

Originally Posted by BonnieSEA
OP, do you mean that Rewards Network was giving you a cash rebate, like Discover? I have done it (iDine/Rewards Network) through United and Northwest -- I only recall getting miles-per-expenditure, not a rebate.
If you paid the $49 annual fee, your 'bonus' was in the form of a credit refunded to your credit card. If you went the $0 annual fee route, you earned FF miles with whichever airline you enrolled with.

I also agree with lastein's "Rebate is accrued, but not given to you till later" interpretation. Obviously they're attempting to promote repeat usage of iDine restaurants, by deferring previous rebates until a new restauratant visit. However, coupled with the new 5% rebate rate, I'm not sure I'd keep the paid membership (a quick search around my zipcode, for the 20 closest restaurants it returned, 9 of them offer 20% cashback).

Also, in regards to NJUPINTHEAIR's post of, "Yet another reason for you guys to earn miles", typically the miles earned were always 1/2 of the cash back (you get either 10% rebate or 5 FF miles). I'd expect a reduction in FF miles awarded with the new plan.

Jeff