FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Vancouver Airport {CAN}
View Single Post
Old Sep 15, 2009, 3:06 pm
ORDnHKG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by MisterNice
My bad as I was told all rooms were small and medium suites. The HH continental (once was full) breakfast is not very good so I would eat breakfast elsewhere. As noted many ok restaurants within 15 min walk. Personally I like the Irish restaurant and/or bar about 5-10 min away. Oh yes, the Hilton bar has absolutely no charm but high prices. Avoid it!

MisterNice
I can tell you it is not all suites, and their website said it is all suite too, which is totally misleading. If they are all suites, thie property would have been called Hilton Suites Vancouver Airport.

I don't believe they have junior suites either. There is only one kind, and it is like the suites in Embassy Suites, living room and a bedroom separate by a floor to ceiling wall with a door. As a gold, I got 100% rate "upgraded" into suites. Four separate times I got upgrade to suites in four different rooms, they are all the same size, same room plan. The year I dropped down to silver, never given a suite. For regular rooms, rooms that are bigger come with mini fridge, smaller rooms have none. I am not sure their ratio of suites and non-suites room though.