FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Royal Hawaiian Honolulu, Hawaii post renovation 2009 [Master Thread]
Old Sep 15, 2009, 12:12 pm
HomerJ

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Just back from RH on FWN and couldn't say enuf about the place...

...especially when compared to MS down the road.
Got the nice check in and was given the option of suite in historic wing or tower room with full ocean view ... marge anted the view over the suite so we took it. Was given banana bread and a bottle of champers as a plat amenity. Got the cont. brekkie and snacks with the tower room, and while the room was a little tired the view was great, and the level of service was excellent. Asked for extra sheets and pillows...within 10 minutes they were at the door and thew sheet had been pressed! Love it. Everytime we asked for something it was there within minutes. Excellent consierge help, smiling people all around, quiet at the small pool...overall an excellent stay.
The MS on the other hand will NEVER EVER see me or Marge again.
Shoebox room ("You checked in late - I will block you something tomorrow") that faced another building right near the front of the hotel...just perfect to echo all the traffic noise though their 100 year old single paned windows.
Next a.m.down to reception...no note of CSR requesting upgraded room, but they would look into it...come back at 12:30. Back at 12;30 no nothing, come back at 3:00, at 3:00 (homer now not in a good mood), was told the same shoebox room only a little further away was all that was available. Needless to say not the way i wanted my vacation to begin...so moral of the story stay at the RH as it knows how to treat its guests. By the way i had to ask the MS for my 500 pt amenity as it hadnt been added.