FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - switching to United FF program at higher level?
Old Sep 15, 2009, 9:55 am
jlo72372

switching to United FF program at higher level?

Sorry because I'm sure this has been asked many times but I did a little scan and haven't seen anything.
I am about to reach Platinum elite for the new Delta medallion system (was gold with NW) and was thinking about United because of the possible international upgrades.
I fly almost all international and have only once been complimentary upgraded in about 5 years.
I was thinking about switching to United but don't want to start all over again and have to earn the various levels over time. Is there any history of United giving you a platinum card if you agree to fly a certain amount with them (because you are already a platinum on Delta/NW) It would be worth it to me if I had a better chance of being upgraded on international flights.
My most Common routes are SEA-Narita-Beijing/Shanghai
and
SEA-AMS-Dubai.
Would be happy to switch airlines and routing if they would bump me up once in a while.
Was also bummed when the cancelled the NW visa program and had to start using Delta AMEX.
Thanks for your repies,
Jesse