FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Yet Another Luggage Question
View Single Post
Old Sep 15, 2009, 1:40 am
patk

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS/1K, Avis First, Marriot PP, SPG GLD
In the Frankfurt Airport Sheraton now (after a very bumpy flight, didn't sleep well).

The bag so far has been a success. Absolutely no problems on the MD-80 size-wise. I was in 4E on the flight to DFW, it fit the normal way with tons of room to spare. The FA even moved it up to the smaller front bin to make room for a larger roll-on.

On the 777, it wouldn't fit long-ways in the bin, it had to be horizontal. That was fine, I just threw my new wheeled laptop case up there next to it, and that worked wonderful (case horizontal with the bag horizontal).

Oh, PS: the shoes are fine (new pair of Ecco's, in case you're wondering), so I didn't need the spares after all Guess I got lucky that they didn't need to be broken in. Hopefully the business meetings go as well!
Just got through changing for the first business meetings, and I was very happy with the state of the clothes. A few small wrinkles in the suit, but a few minutes in the shower with steam fixed that, didn't need to touch it with iron.

Overall I'm very happy the BR trifold, it's got lots of spaces, protects the suits well, fits well, is light, has a slot in the bag to slide it over the BR (or other) laptop handle for even easier carrying, and it looks nice too This bag's a keeper. Thanks you guys/gals!

I'll update later when I get back on packing and other things when I have more time.

Last edited by patk; Sep 15, 2009 at 1:42 am Reason: comment about the shoes