FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Yet Another Luggage Question
View Single Post
Old Sep 14, 2009, 10:34 am
GadgetFreak
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by patk
So I had a change of plans (again)

After re-re-packing, I ended up putting my "other" shoes in the bag. They were much lower cut, and they fit when I placed them at the bottom of the bag. I'm now going to wear the shoes that I haven't broken in yet, but that won't be a big deal because I can just take them off when I get on the plane, and if I have to, I can change them when I land. So now I'm back to the garment bag again Everything fits well, in fact, I have even more room available than I did in my roll-on. I even took pictures... The garment bag is very nice, I just found that it also has a "slot" in the fabric through which you slide the handle of the rolling luggage. I measured everything, and the thickness now ends up @ ~22.5x14x~9.5 (it can squish to 8"). So I'm guaranteed to fit in the overhead and sizers. Yay

We'll see how this all works out when I get back... Now it's off to the airport with the garment bag.
Good luck! Im at LHR now and they didnt even size my bags. The Skytrain was on my back. I was going to check but was pretty rushed since AA offered me an earlier flight and I took the offer.