FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Unfair Points required for World Cup Soccer in South Africa
Old Sep 13, 2009, 12:20 pm
thepla
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by bharatva
I've booked flights to the Soccer World Cup in South Africa next year using my American and United points, American requires 75 000 points and United 85 000 respectively, Delta initially asked for 85 000 points but have now raised it to an astronomical 190 000 that is 105 000 points more than other carriers, that's really unfair !!!

You made an unfortunate mistake. In my looking for awards I've noticed if you find a low-miles award and do not take it the computer will change from low to med. If you give it a few days it may go back. PLEASE look at awards for the month and if you see it PLEASE all and get the ticket through phone. DO NOT click to see the 85K on screen and not buy it.

I mentioned this to Plat agent and she said if they look it up and go to the point of ticketing it takes it out of inventory. If she does not go through with ticketing it is still gone. She was not sure how it worked on-line.