FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Current BusinessElite offerings on NW aircraft
Old Sep 11, 2009, 8:53 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My experience with six TATL trips this summer (none DTW-FRA), including one RT already this month, is that all had the Delta bedding (and of course new Delta uniforms, including the famous red dress) and all but the last (!) had the Delta amenity kit, sometimes brown and sometimes blue. Everything is served on Delta-style glasses and dishes, including the oblong one for silverware and bread. The menu, food, and wine is all DL-standard--not much different from NW except for the added soup course and the dark gray menu cover. Cart usage is reduced but not eliminated. Soup (the most recent cream of asparagus was good) tends to be served lukewarm (they know it's a problem) and pursers/FAs at least pretend to be confused about the fact that the sparkling wine offered pre-departure and the sparkling wine that is supposed to be served in the air are different, but this was true in NW WBC too. (Neither one is champagne, but additional chilling would have helped.) In my opinion, the best wines were the French red and some white dessert wine from Australia. My last westbound flight included a warm cookie--very good--and the snack I selected was a hot turkey and cheese sandwich served with fruit; I don't remember the other choice. The only thing I remember about any breakfast (I usually prefer to sleep as late as possible) is some hot egg dish served with undercooked bacon and no croissants (which in the past weren't very good anyway). I wasn't favorably impressed by the movie selection--mostly kid's movies or war/violence.

Enjoy your trip.