FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New promotion - Partner up for 10,000 bonus points, Did anybody else received it
Old Sep 10, 2009, 4:55 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by soitgoes
They've done 80% discounts for years now. The difference between 80% and 90% is not huge.
The other fact is, the restaurant I bought 2 x $10 certs for on Aug 25, has not accepted the certs since months ago.
When we went there 2 days after I bought the certs the restaurant staff told us that they had informed Restaurant.com many times already. The restaurant is STILL on the offerings of Restaurant.com.

To me, this is a sign of BAD business practice - it is a deceiving practice, as I, the customer, has informed the site and was issued Restaurant.com own certs as credits immediately after the call - so they KNEW. Yet, they do not remove the restaurant from their offering, more than 2 weeks after being informed by the customer, and many weeks after being informed by the restaurant owner.

Another restaurant is on the offering, but the $25 cert has been shown out-of-stock since Aug 25 when I first looked at the site. I called that restaurant which has been a renown local establishment on intra-coastal water. The restaurant said they do not participate for months. Yet, it is still featured, abeit Restaurant.com making no cert available...

Others may have much better luck in their areas. However, to me, the practice of this site is VERY DECEIVING - offering deep discounts from 50% (the norm) to 90% discount, and hope that when the certificates turn out to be useless, the customers would decide not worth the trouble to follow up due to the low costs - yet, the site would still pocket the money - from who knows how many customers being lured into such "deals"?

Last edited by Happy; Sep 10, 2009 at 5:00 pm