FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Non-refundable tickets + Jury Duty = ?
View Single Post
Old Sep 9, 2009, 7:22 pm
Evan!

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by NOLA7460
I'm certainly going to try it. Not sure how many times they'll postpone in my state. This will be my second postponement.
Originally Posted by dedehans
send copy of your ticket with DATE PURCHASED along with a filled out copy of the jury duty form to the courthouse.

Your proof of purchase of the ticket prior to receiving your notification should get you excused.
I live in Broward CO, FL. I get called (almost) every two years. I was told you get 2 deferrals for any reason you want. The third scheduling you MUST appear or face contempt of court charges. They would not let me choose a week that fits my schedule and would not cost me a week of work/pay even though I told them I could be very flexible with them if they would be understanding with me.

Four summons in 10 years. Three of the four I was chosen for the first court case for which I was interviewed. I don't know why the defense and prosecution both like me but I am determined to figure it out and change it! I have dozens of friends and family that have never been called. They almost all say "I would love to do jury duty." My reply: "Be careful what you wish for." (They have jobs where they would get a paycheck during jury duty.... unless that trial goes on past one week. Then you're screwed.)