FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WP account cutover
View Single Post
Old Sep 9, 2009, 7:58 am
stpaulone

Programs: SkyMiles, NCR Emerald; Hilton Gold VIP
Originally Posted by florin
We all know that at some point in the near future our WP accounts will be replaced by SM accounts. I'm sure the people at NW/DL have thought of all this, but I'm a bit concerned about an upcoming reservation and the miles/benefits, so I have a bunch of questions.

- What happens to existing DL/NW reservations? Do those that have a WP number attached get updated with the SM number?
- What happens to existing reservations on other SkyTeam airlines? I have a KL itin booked for October (outbound on 10/8 and 10/9, return on 10/18 and 10/19)... what if my WP account 'disappears' in the middle of this?
- What about people with a WP account who are on the road when the switch happens? E.g. will Plats be able to access SkyTeam lounges, given that their WP account is no longer valid?
- What if miles don't post for a reservation that has a WP account number, and by the time we send our BPs asking for credit the WP account is replaced? Will they know to post to the SM account instead?
- What happens in case of irrops, when a ticket needs to be rebooked? Does a WP elite loose benefits because the number is no longer recognized? (This is more of a concern on partner airlines.)
- What about award reservations paid with WP miles? What happens to those when the account is no longer valid, especially on partner airlines? What happens in case of irrops when the ticket needs to be rebooked? Can those miles be redeposited? Can the tickets be changed?

"Informed" opinions would be great, but feel free to speculate and/or add your own questions. Thanks, all!
START HERE - I think some of your questions have already been answered.