FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Red Eye on 757 LAX to BOS, upgrade worth it?
Old Sep 8, 2009, 7:42 pm
ESpen36
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by thehawk75
Assuming my upgrade as a PLT would even clear, is it worth it to request one?

Doubt there would be a meal as the flight leaves at 10:45PM, and I'm not sure how great the seats are (although, seat guru, if I understand correctly, says they are 'lay flat' seats, which perhaps might allow for some meaningful rest).

Anyone flown this recently who'd like to comment?

VERY IMPORTANT: You will get "lay flat" seats ONLY if you are flying on one of the new international-configured B752s. While you cannot be 100% sure until you walk onto the aircraft (due to last-minute equipment swaps), you can have a pretty good sense within 24 hours of departure time by looking at the seat map.

If there are FOUR (4) rows in First Class, then AA is planning to use one of the newly-configured aircraft. If there are SIX (6) rows in First Class, then AA is planning to use one of the normal domestic-configured aircraft.

As I'm sure you know, there is a huge difference! Some PLTs would not want to burn stickers for the domestic-configured aircraft. Others would. Many might want to burn stickers for the international-configured aircraft. In the end, it's a personal choice.