FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The The BA Y+ and Y class Long Haul Experience (LHR-BKK/SIN-SYD and back)
Old Sep 6, 2009, 12:46 pm
Kevincm

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Part VII - SYD-SIN

British Airways BA016 , 02/09/09, World Traveller, 36A
Boeing 777-200 4 Class Configuration
Sydney International Airport T1 to Singapore T1

Of course, the boarding scrum was its usual self, and soon enough I was aboard, making my way to the last rows of the cabin where I stowed my luggage before the inevitable. And soon it showed up in the form of a mother and a teenager who were well mannered and were also worried of who they would be sitting with. Everyone at ease makes for an easy flight – good things.

Of course, loading took time, and with headwinds towards SIN, I knew that my shopping time at SIN would be extremely tight. How tight, I didn’t realise until I got to SIN...

Waiting for the off..
Soon enough, we taxied out to the runway and after a while on hold, the engines powered up for the long take off run and the journey ahead to Singapore.

Me and my shadow...

After swinging out to the pacific then back over the land, the drinks service was carried out. Of course, the following picture may seem familiar to those who haven’t fallen asleep to this trip report:

I am so original in my drinks choices.

And so onto the food shortly thereafter. As it was served, it was slightly leaking to the point that the person who had the next one had a load of chicken in white sauce on their foil cover.

Again – not too bad at all in food terms. Reasonably portioned and tasted fine. Even had my 3rd bottle of Chardonnay by this point.. .

I am totally original

Again the Ghetto IFE system was installed, and I switched between that and the normal system… which today was in a very bad mood as the touchscreen wasn’t responding – but the armrest controls were. This was to go onto the next sector too.

More Ghetto IFE.

Pretty soon the cabin was cleared down, and after the sun went down, I grabbed a few snoozes. The crew did a few water runs, with requests for a bottle via bingbong met with a smile.

Sunset

Towards the end of the sector, it was time once again for the deli box, and by some bizarre means, I ended up with a veggie sandwich.

The Magical Deli box

A bit tough and chewy (but not as bad as UA can do), but it filled a small hunger hole. The Crunchie was also quiet edible too. Again, a coffee/tea run was done at this point.

Again, the cabin was cleared down, and soon enough we passed over many blinking lights, over Malaysia, and finally descending into Singapore Airport

Eventually, we parked up with the rest of the services doing the kangaroo hop back to Europe and docked at C24 for what was going to be a very short layover.

Last edited by Kevincm; May 7, 2010 at 6:38 pm