FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The inside of my passport just fell out.
View Single Post
Old Sep 6, 2009, 2:20 am
ty97

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by sbm12
The additional pages do include a reference to the original passport number so it is possible to verify that the two are associated.

The tape is actually what the extra pages are attached to. The stitching goes to the tape and the tape is stuck on to the existing pages. I'm not sure how the tape would actually disappear - it looks pretty solid in mine - but I guess it can happen.

I can see a couple options for you.
  1. Pocket the extra pages and just use the original passport. Sketchy and would only work if you have stamp space available, but you might get by.
  2. Call the embassy or consulate. With it now being a holiday weekend you won't get any service until Tuesday, but they should be able to either fix or attach new pages in for you.
  3. Keep the old pages in manually and just present it to the folks that way as you go.

I'd probably try #3 on Monday and hope for the best but you do run a risk of it not working.

The extra pages and the original pages all came out together, so no pages are attached to the cover anymore. Oddly, the extra pages and original pages are neatly together still. (not by tape, from what I can tell. They seem bound).

I'll try my luck on the Rome-Turin flight Monday and explain the situation. I'm really iffy that Turing-CDG-LHR-ORD will work out greatly for me though. I'll give the passport line and/or consulate a call on Tuesday when they re-open.

Thanks for your help!