FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - aloft Minneapolis [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Sep 5, 2009, 9:14 pm
morerainplease

Programs: SPG Platinum, MVP Gold 75K, HH Gold
Originally Posted by savedsol
They are just trying too hard to be cool. "Aloha" in Mpls everytime the staff sees you? Pools are called Splash and fitness rooms re:charge. I don't know how they say this stuff with a straight face.
There is some pretty funny stuff in the branding and marketing. But I really enjoyed my stay here last winter, which was also my first aLoft experience. They've done a good job creating a fun atmosphere. And I like some of the touches -- like the floor in the elevator responding to the pressure of your body weight to change the pattern/look. Admittedly, subsequent aLoft stays haven't been quite as exciting.

There are also a couple of restaurants in walking distance that I liked. Which was important since I was there in the dead of winter and didn't care to walk more than a block.

Like others, I didn't care for the parking situation here. I parked at the next door condo garage and had an assigned space. One night someone else was in my space. Knowing that all the other spaces could be assigned, too, what was I to do? I decided to block the offender in. From my room later that night I called the front desk and explained the situation. Someone came to my room, took my rental car keys, and moved me to another space that was available and filled me in on the change. That was a good solution, I thought. The next morning, they told me the car in my spot belonged to a guest of a condo resident and he was sorry and embarrassed by his mistake. It seems like this needs to be fixed. Maybe it has been by now.