FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Chicago O'Hare Airport {US-IL}
View Single Post
Old Jan 19, 2004, 11:28 am
wideman

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mikey1003:
...Doubletree Rosemont much nicer...</font>
Recently stayed at the DoubleTree Rosemont, and I'm in no real hurry to return.

On check-in (mid-afternoon), I was told no upgrades were available for gold. Fine, it was unimportant to me for a 1-nite stay. They gave me a room on the top floor.

I'd at first figured that the very loud noise was from jet engines (the hotel is a short distance from one of the runway ends), but I realized the noise was constant. In fact, it was so loud that I couldn't hear the airplanes as they passed overhead. The front desk told me the noise was from the boiler on the roof, and yes, some people did find them noisy.

I moved to a room on the 5th floor, directly across the street from a large parking garage. The GarageView room was a great improvement over the BoilerSound room, but neither is a place I found appealing.

On the plus side, the shuttle service was prompt. (Getting a shuttle to one's hotel from ORD is a pain, and a poorly-signed pain at that, but that's the airport's fault.) The hotel does have a restaurant and also offers room service; the latter was about average for a mid-class hotel.

The best price I found at the DT Rosemont was about 70% of the best price at the O'Hare (this was a Sunday night, when the O'Hare tends to be expensive).