FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cars at YVR
Thread: Cars at YVR
View Single Post
Old Sep 4, 2009, 1:38 am
Tuneman1984

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Picked up a car at YVR this evening. I was at the 28-hour mark for my day and with family, so I only got a quick look at the selection.

Premium had a 2010 Taurus, couple MKZ and a Crown Vic, which I took as there were 4 of us and luggage. Once I got past the hecticness of getting out of YVR, I began to regret not choosing the 2010 Taurus, as I think it has nearly the trunk space of the Crown Vic, but they'll be around for some time to come so I'm sure I'll get a chance again.

Other standouts were a LOT of PT Cruisers in Midsize, along with a Rondo and a Ranger pickup. Sorry but I didn't get a chance to look much beyond that (we had a ferry to catch that we BARELY made).

Also for reference on this thread, the four stalls nearest the exit booth are Premium stalls, and the two stalls beside are Luxury. It can be a bit deceiving, especially when this evening's Luxury choices were also MKZ.

EDIT: It seems I was wrong. Upon reflection with my travel partner, she recalls the Taurus as being a 2009 model. I was too busy picking something to get us to the ferry. So as of yet, the 2010 Taurus has not been spotted at YVR...

Last edited by Tuneman1984; Oct 18, 2009 at 2:07 pm