FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Change" fee question
View Single Post
Old Sep 4, 2009, 12:08 am
sbm12
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by tvetter01
It's frustrating, in that I would have purchased this itinerary in the first place, if they had made it available earlier.
But you felt that it was a fair price then so you bought it, right? You could have simply waited until CO added the other flight to the schedule and then gotten the desired flights at the desired price.

You are trying to change your ticket, even though you are staying on the same flight for part of it. That comes with a change fee. That's the way the system works.

Originally Posted by tvetter01
I understand change fees, but this seems like a situation in which they would waive the fee (it's additional business that they're not going to get unless they waive the fee, and CO is the reason that it wasn't booked that way in the first place).
Most changes are additional money that the airline would receive if there were no fee, right? Even just in fare differences alone they usually make more money. Still, they discounted the ticket for you initially because you were willing to lock in one schedule.

I'm not saying that the revenue model is necessarily reasonable or that it makes a ton of sense, but it is pretty clearly defined and you acknowledge that you pretty much know that it is supposed to work that way but you want something else anyways. I just don't understand that mentality.