FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Promo: Double EQM - again! DBLEQ, Sep 2 - Dec 15 2009 (consolidated)
Old Sep 3, 2009, 9:50 pm
Short hair Francis

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by MichaelColey
I'm just about at the same point - around 107k. I'm doing a DFW-IAD RT (2344 miles for $159.20) and a DFW-IAD-SJC RT (7742 miles routing DFW-IAD-DFW-SJC-LAX-IAD-DFW for $375.60, with the LAX-IAD segment as a redeye, leaving 9:45am one day, getting back at 12:05pm the next). That's 10,086 miles total for $534.80. (I'll be 25k RDMs for both of my choices, so this MR will net me 70k RDM!)

These have to be booked by midnight tonight, as that's when the fare sale ends. (Even a Hold is just until midnight.)
I'm also similar to you Michael, but I'm a little unsure if I want do a MR myself. Here is my situation, sitting at 78K right now, with booked travel to EOY i'll be at 113K counting DBLEQ. In all, I'll need an extra 11821 miles or during the DBLEQ period will need 5911 EQM. I'm debating an MR that would be like YYZ-BOS/JFK-SFO for around $650. MR out of YYZ is usually expensive and annoying due to immigration. Remember I'm a college student so this would be like gambling my savings almost for me. Other things to keep in mind, I'm turning 21 next April and am planning to go to Vegas with friends which I'll want to upgrade one-way. Please give me advice if I should take an MR and if so which awards should I choose.