FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Full Moon Resort & Spa, Maldives [Master Thread]
Old Sep 3, 2009, 8:38 am
Keyser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by doesun
Thank you very much saad for the trip report.

We are planning to stay at this property for 4 nights during the last week of October for our Honeymoon and are deciding whether we should book the OWB or Beachfront Deluxe (I doubt we will get an upgrade here is a Gold). The different in rates is not as bad as I thought (<US$50-$100) and so we are leaning towards booking an OWB. A few questions:

1. The SPG website currently lists an "Island Cottage" available, I assume this is the OWB?

2. Our flight from SIN arrives at 10pm local time and on our last day our flight departs at 11:25pm - will the speedboats be operating during those times? Also, any experience with requesting late check-out? I know that the late check-out benefit does not apply at this property, but just wanted to see if others have been able to get a later check-out, especially with our late flight time; unless there is something else we can do nearby for the afternoon/early evening.

Thanks in advance for any comments.
Not sure what an 'Island Cottage' is but there were some larger OWB towards the end of the bridge from the regular OWB. I don't know whether these were the Over Water Suites or the 'Island Cottage', but they were about 1.5 times the size of the regular OWB.

You have to email the hotel & give them the flight details otherwise you may miss out on the airport transfer. My advise would be to call & ask for the room reservation manager Vijendra. He was very helpful & organised everything for us. I plan on going back there soon so am still in touch with him & just received an email from him the other day. You can give my reference as well if you feel like it. He should be able to arrange everything for you. I would also talk to him about the late checkout. Since he is incharge of all the rooms he would be in the best position to help you out there as well.

In the event you don't get a late checkout I would suggest going to the town of Male'. You can easily kill a number of hours here as there is lots to see.

Hope this helps.