FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Curacao {CUW} (no longer Honors)
View Single Post
Old May 29, 2003, 4:25 pm
isleplease

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by brianabdm:
I was there two years ago and absolutely loved it. I would recommend it to anybody. I am going to Aruba, which is the A and Curacao the C of the ABC Islands. Go, you will really enjoy it.</font>
I second that motion...wife and I went to the "C" island seven years ago and the "A" island this year. Very different from one another. Curacao is quite safe in my view. I'm not sure where the Hilton is, but probably close to Oranjasted (sp.?) If you like beaches you'd better inquire...there aren't many good ones on the island (because it's basically an arid coral rock). But on the northeast side of the island are some great, small tucked away "playas" including our favorite, Playa Lagun, which was like snorkeling in a large fishbowl. Also, Playa Kip is nice. Somewhere on the web you vcan find a site that has the beaches of Curacao with photos. Rent a car and go. You're almost guaranteed great weather, too. And be sure to bring footwear...everywhere the vegetation is sharp and there's coral!