FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New JB Policy? Can't move into exit row / extra legroom seats
Old Sep 2, 2009, 1:10 pm
Long Distance

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jbsjbs
Flew yesterday IAD-BOS and back today. Bought both tickets last minute and flights were short and empty. I often buy an "Extra Leg Room" seat for longer flights, but $25 for an hour long flight didn't seem worthwhile. Last night I was in the row behind the exit and when the door closed the row was empty so I moved up one row. No problem.

This afternoon, same deal. Flight was maybe 20% full and all 12 exit row seats were empty. Once the final passenger had boarded and sat down, I moved up a couple rows to an exit row seat. Couple minutes later a FA asked if I'd just boarded and I said, "No, I just moved up a couple of rows" at which point she told me -- in the midst of a nearly empty plane with 12 empty exit row seats, that if I wanted to sit in that seat she'd have to swipe my credit card and charge me $25.

Curious what others think.

--Jason
Great move by the FA and B6 if they are now enforcing this.

If you buy a five dollar ticket to sit in the bleachers at the new Yankee Stadium, you are not upgrading yourself to one of the (always empty) $2500 seats behind home plate.

EML is a product they are selling for much needed revenue. If you know that you have a chance to get it for free, you will not buy it for your next flight.