FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Miyako, Kyoto, Japan [Master Thread]
Old Sep 1, 2009, 4:53 am
RTWSTARALLIANCE

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Update.

The Lounge was indeed open today for the evening when we checked-in. Beer, wine and hard liquor is still comp.. But we both felt the evening offerings were less than prior.

Also and maybe more important. Access to breakfast buffet versus taking in Lounge. When we checked in we received vouchers for breakfast. Two for each of the nights at the Hotel. Upon returning for dinner my wife asked the front desk if by chance we can "still" take breakfast at the hotel restaurant buffet. The answer was yes. My wife very much enjoyed the buffet in July 2009. Tomorrow we will try the buffet taking our vouchers with us. Will report on progress. This is good news!

The Hotel has a couple large groups in house. I contacted the Hotel prior to our arrival and noted a couple days before that our reservation was upgraded to a suite. Luxury suite to be exact. Here we both also agree that this suite is smaller than ones in past but we are very happy with the upgrade. We have two balconeys with a beautiful view out to the mountains surrounding Kyoto.

One must consider taking the MK Taxi service is flying into KIX. My wife makes our reservations online at the rate all in is 3300 yen. The transport is in a mini van which is not my favorite but the door to door service can not be beat. The MK stand is located to the very far left of the arrivals hall. I do not know if they take walk up reservations on arrival. The extra charge for more than one large piece of luggage is 1000 yen. Please confirm that as I am quoting based upon just hearing my wife comment on in passing.

Regards from Kyoto.