FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel Imperial, Luxury Collection, Vienna, Austria [Master Thread]
Old Sep 1, 2009, 2:37 am
LH738

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
Originally Posted by Nevsky
I will be arriving at VIE. What is the best way to get to the hotel? Taxi? S Bahn/CAT/tram? I have a bit of luggage. I can usually manage on the metro, but not sure if I could get it on a tram.

Found the answer online at the excellent Wiener Linien (Transit System) website which even gives the times of the trains. Looks like it is the same as for the Bristol (where I will also stay). I will take the S-Bahn to Floridsdorf and change to the U-Bahn U4.
You might want to consider an alternative. You can change at Rennweg from S-Bahn to tram 71 towards Schwarzenbergplatz. The tram stops close to the Imperial at Schubertring (so not an option for the Bristol).
The tram has enough space for the luggage but you have to move your luggage 2-3 stairs when entering/exiting (if that's what you worries in your post above). On the other hand, the tram stop is much closer to the Imperial compared to the U4 (Stadtpark or Karlsplatz-Opernring): walking distance is much shorter from the tram stop.

Last edited by LH738; Sep 1, 2009 at 2:44 am