FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Clarification Re: New Mileathon
View Single Post
Old Sep 1, 2009, 2:12 am
UA Insider
Company Representative, United Airlines

Originally Posted by From NYC
Just tried to sign up and received this message:

“Thank you for your interest in Mileathon. However, the credit-earning period for this promotion expired on Dec. 31, 2009 [yes, 2009?!]. We invite you to find out about other OnePass promotions and offers.”

Perhaps I got this because I’m in CA right now, my computer is on Pacific time, and it’s not yet 1 Sept?

And I did get the email invite about a week ago when the link wasn’t yet active.

Update: it’s after midnight CA time, and I got the same message. Will try again in the morning.
Hi From NYC, we're aware of the issue, and it should be corrected later this morning.

Originally Posted by CO_Nonrev_elite
Sadly for me, this is the third Mileathon in a row that I cannot benefit from. Do Continental not value folks that buy one way tickets ?. I almost never have a round trip, I am always going either one way, or flying out of one and returning from another. This happened two mileathons ago, I bought about 40 trips, and got zip for it.

bummer
Hi CO_Nonrev_elite, we've actually run this promotion both ways in the past (bad pun intended). I'll double check to see if one way booking will earn Mileathon credits this time around.