FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry {US-PA}
View Single Post
Old Dec 18, 2003, 12:53 pm
infinityplusone

Programs: HH Diamond
Arrow Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry {US-PA}

I know that the Hampton Inn in Cranberry already has a review of "good" in the Hampton Inn thread/spreadsheet but since I stayed there recently (12/11/03) I wanted to add my thoughts.
I have never completed a "trip report" before, so I thought it would be best to start small.
(One night stay at a Hampton Inn in Cranberry Township, PA).

Travelers: Myself, wife, son (14 months), Father and Mother-in-law.
Method of travel: Car (Chevy Suburban at $20 per day - unlimited miles)
Departure: Detroit, MI
Destination: Lancaster, PA
HHonors Status: Gold

Made reservations on-line for two King rooms using the Hit the Road rate of $69 a night.
I had requested in the comments section, "Guest would appreciate upgrade if available."
(As this was just a Hampton Inn - not Suites, I wasn't expecting much but I think it never hurts to ask (maybe a Jacuzzi room?)

I confirmed reservations with Bea (sp?) at the Hampton Inn on 12/10/03 for two king rooms.

Driving from Detroit we found it was hard to find the property, even with Yahoo directions. There was quite a bit of construction going on in the Cranberry Township area and I believe that was the reason.
I had to call the hotel twice for directions - both times I called we were less then two miles and a few minutes away. Both times I spoke with Ray. He was helpful and patient and we finally arrived. We had left later then we thought we would and arrived a couple hours later then expected. Thought we would arrive around 9pm, arrived at 11pm.

I had requested two king rooms on-line for one night, and upon checking in received one king and one double. I did not realize this until we got up to the rooms. Since it was late at night (11:15pm), my wife had already started to unpack stuff, I did not mention it to the front desk - as well my wife doesn't like it when I "make a fuss".
I did fill out the in room comment card with that information, my contact information and dropped it off at the front desk upon checkout. Have not heard anything as of yet. I understand that they might have been booked up and not had any other King rooms, but wanted to let them know that I had not received what I had reserved.

My wife, my son and I took the double room as I wanted to make sure that my father-in-law and mother-in-law appreciated the $20 extra night spent staying in a Hilton property, as opposed to staying in a Motel 8 (with breakfast) for $49 a night.
Son still sleeps in a Pac-n-play (small portable crib) so the double bed room was crowded.
One bottle of water and one pack of Ritz-bits cheese crackers were the "Hampton Touch". I had noted on my reservations that 2 adults and 1 child would be in one room and two adults would be in the other room. Both rooms had the same one of each for the Hampton Touch. I don't know if it is normal to only place one item of each type in the room when there is going to me more then one person in the room or not.

The Continental breakfast that they had out in the lobby was good. I don't know if it is a regional thing but they had hard boiled eggs (which I love). They also had the following: Four different types of coffee, hot chocolate, four different types of juice, skim milk, regular milk and water, lots of baked goods as well as bread (white, wheat, rye), bagels (3 different kinds), waffles and French toast that you could pop in the toaster, small containers of various cereal - the ones where you can pour the milk in and eat right out of the container, various flavors of instant oatmeal and lastly apples, bananas and oranges.
The breakfast area had 4-5 small tables with 2 chairs at each table.

Right off of the breakfast area there was an area that had a big screen TV and several comfortable looking chairs... which, unfortunately, I did not get to enjoy.
We enjoyed our breakfast and checked out to continue our journey.

As this was my first stay at a Hampton Inn, I was pleased with the accommodations and breakfast, except for getting the double room instead of the king I would use this Hampton Inn again.
The front desk people that I dealt with, Bea, Ray and Brent (or Brett) were all friendly and helpful.

=========================================

I know that most trip reports are for larger more impressive properties as well as longer stays, but as I mentioned I wanted to start small to make sure I got the hang of it.
And you don't have to worry I won't make a trip report on all of my Hampton Inn stays.

Ok, that was my first "trip" report... let me know if I could have included any other information. Or I am sure, left some information out (breakfast)... I just want to be thorough.