FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tarrytown NY Sheraton [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Aug 31, 2009, 2:41 pm
Life_Platinum

Originally Posted by frost
I have stayed here 3 times in the last few months. Awesome staff, they really pamper you. The hotel is really cool - HDTV, ipod docks, very clean. Again, this hotel probably has the most attentive and nicest staff and it really is a good stay.
We stayed at this hotel over the weekend and can vouch for the reviews of others who stayed at this property. Other than having a little trouble finding the hotel as our Garmin ran out of power, we found this hotel pleasant, clean, and the staff attentive. Upon checkin, we were designated to stay on the Club floor, but because the SPG lounge was closed on weekends, we were given the choice of the last available suite. We took the suite (Room 521 at the end of the hall) and found it superb. The bathroom open off the bedroom as well as the entry hall, and contained a large shower and two sinks. The living room had a couch, a table, a chest, a bar along the wall opposite the windows, and a HDTV. The airconditioning worked well, and the curtains kept the light out allowing us to sleep in.

I was not given a choice of ammenities upon checkin, nor did I inquire about my usual choice of the 500 points, so I will have to see if they post to my account. Because the SPG lounge was closed, we were given vouchers for the buffet breakfast which was well done, and the buffet contained a number of hot entres, as well as the typical continental breakfast.

One of the highlights of the hotel is a relatively large pool and a hot tub, that were not used by any of the guests. Parking is ample, free, and safe, and in the lobby, a list of outbound flights from LGA constantly cycles on. Two computers sit next to the front desk, allowing customers to answer their emails or to print boarding passes. The dining room opens off the lobby and contains a large fireplace that helped make the room cheerful with its cozy fire despite the drizzle outside.

My wife loved this hotel, and being a swimmer, said that we must return very soon to again "belong". Overall, a new hotel that was well maintained and staffed by a very attentive staff. It got high marks from us. I suspect that this property is frequently used by those visiting the Starwood HQ for a variety of reasons, and frequently has Starwood HQ staff nosing around.