FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Washington DC [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Aug 31, 2009, 10:40 am
KENNECTED
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by ECOTONE
I've been up to the POV lounge a couple times now...and here's some "inside" tips. If you'd like to go there on a Friday/Saturday night, be prepared for LONG LONG lines - like 60 minute plus waits! However, if you're a Starwood Platiunum enter the hotel itself by the entrance on F Street and bring your Starwood Platinum card with you! Go up to the conceirge and ask him/her about going upstairs for a drink. I've had a lot of success with this, and have even negotiated better prices on drinks after flashing my Starwood Plat card. I have no idea if this is an official policy or if the staff is just being nice, but it works. I was able to get 20 shots of Jameson (yes, for a group...not just for me) for $100 after talking to the bartender and showing my card - a nice savings of $100!

The bar staff downstairs is truly awful though...awful service, slow drink-making, and an openly rude staff. Upstairs is a lot better.
Sure, Betty Ford [you can also substitute Sue Ellen Ewing, David Hasselholf, Homer Simpson or Amy Winehouse]......tell us anything..