FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel Imperial, Luxury Collection, Vienna, Austria [Master Thread]
Old Aug 29, 2009, 9:25 am
EuroHannibal

Programs: EK Gold, SPG Plat, Radisson Gold, BA Silver HHonors Silver A Club, CSA Gold
all good so far

Am staying here at the moment. Beautiful grand hotel, a real oasis.
Received a junior suite upgrade as a Gold on a free weekend stay. Small fruit bowl, letter from manager, chocolates and water.
Public areas are very decorous. Am more than happy with the stay. Just a few points to note, alcoholic drinks on room service are not merely expensive, they are extortionate; no glass of wine under 30 euro. Had room service last night as we were both tired from the journey from Budapest. Fastest delivery time ever, just over 10 minutes for 2 mains a dessert and fresh orange.
Bath tub very uncomfortable due to non-slip coating, feels like you are lying on a cheese grater, will have to put a towel down next time!
Front desk genuinely friendly. Concierge less eager to help, or less knowledgable than you would expect; I asked him if there were any maternity clothes shops nearby, and he took out a map and circled Kaertner strasse, saying you should find one there. If you are not familiar with Vienna that's like pointing out Oxford Street or 5th Avenue.
Wifi only available in lobby (signal v weak) and apparently first and second floors.
Didn't ask about 4pm check out as my wife checked in whilst I parked (not sure how she was able to without her name on my reservation) will request it when I get out of this maternity clothes shop.
Overall, nice hotel, would stay here again on a free award, but wouldn't spend the money or points. I am sure the traditional style merits the high price for some, just personally, for 400 euro a night I prefer frills over frilly curtains