FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anniversary Visit to Versailles/Paris -- dining, river cruise, etc. recommendations?
Old Aug 28, 2009, 12:36 pm
GramercyFCR

Programs: HH Gold, SPG, US Silver, VS Silver, DL
Anniversary Visit to Versailles/Paris -- dining, river cruise, etc. recommendations?

For our upcoming anniversary, we'll be spending a day/two nights at Versailles (two award nights at Trianon Palace Versailles) and four days in Paris (C&P at Prince de Galles). This will be my husband's first time in France, and my first visit to Versailles.

We plan to buy our tickets for Versailles online. Since it is a Tuesday visit, I think we'll get the "PASSEPORT Gdes Eaux/Jardins Musicaux" so that we can watch the Grandes Eaux Musicales show in the gardens. Our anniversary is the same day as our Versailles visit, so we'd like to make reservations for a nice dinner that night. An obvious option seems to be Gordon Ramsay au Trianon, which would be easy since it is in our hotel. Any other recommendations for a romantic dinner spot in Versailles (doesn't necessarily need to be as fancy as the Gordon Ramsay restaurant)?

As for Paris, we don't want to run ourselves ragged (we're in our 30s/fit, but just want some R&R away from NYC on this trip), but we'll try to do some of the usual -- Louvre, Eiffel Tower, Sacre Coeur/evening walk around Montmarte, etc. Due to my tableware obsession, hoping to squeeze in a visit to Baccarat and Hermes stores in Paris. I've never done a river cruise in Paris, and I thought that might be another nice way to see some sights without running around too much. I imagine we can book this once we get to Paris and/or ask the concierge for help, but would appreciate any recommendations for (or warnings about) river cruise operators. Similarly, would appreciate any tips on favorite cafes or lunch/dinner spots near the Prince de Galles (33 Avenue George V).