FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CPH to OSL via anything other than plane?
Old Aug 28, 2009, 11:06 am
joelfreak

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by OFFlyer
Go with the direct ferry - it is an overnight ferry ride, which leaves at 5pm and docks the next days around 8am IIRC. Daily departures. The ferries are very nice - and it is a nice ride. Be carefull though it may add up with dinner, visiting the bar, etc.

If you fly direct from NYC(EWR) you will arrive in the morning - and thus if you want to go straigh to Oslo, a plane is the better option. Check
www.flysas.com
www.norwegian.com/en/

Good luck
Well, a nighttime ferry seems like a nice way to see things, however it will be dark, so how much can I see? A car ride is also a good idea, but unless we do a one way rental (I checked, and thats $$$$), I have to budget ALOT of my 3 days I have free just for driving between cities...With the flight schedules of the 2 carriers that fly this direct, it sounds like I would have to hang around CPH for a good 3-4 hours between my flight inbound and my outbound...*sigh* I hate it when schedules don't work out.