FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AAdvantage Gold & Platinum Elite Status Challenges 2004 - 2011
Old Aug 27, 2009, 9:19 am
oklAAhoma

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by Flyer_70
My question is - can I challenge back to Plat in '10 with Gold status? From everything I read, sounds like I can since I didn't challenge for my current Plt.
Assuming no changes occur betwen now and then, you will most likely be allowed to challenge again.

Originally Posted by ScottNYC
My question is...I am flying ORD-FRA-ORD in September and I will cross the 10,000 EQP mark during my ORD-FRA flight. I understand I should get the 100% EQM bonus for that flight, but can someone tell me their experience with obtaining the other Platinum benefits (i.e. Priority Access, access to Admirals Club...which I think I should get since I will be Platinum, priority boarding, access to 'premium' seats, etc.)?

Do I need to call AA and have them update my PNR prior to the flight denoting that I am platinum? (Is that even possible??) Any suggestions or personal experience would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
I might be confused, but it seems you are asking if you can have your status updated to PLT before you even board the qualifying flight. I really hope I have misunderstood.