FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel Imperial, Luxury Collection, Vienna, Austria [Master Thread]
Old Aug 27, 2009, 1:37 am
luxury

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Originally Posted by bizaro86
The hotel has numerous instant awards, and as I recall they were excellent value, based on the list price of the things offered. Included were a couple of meal options (Breakfast, and a few dinner choices) as well as hotel items (logo bathrobe). The one that I took, which was a great value, was the imperial torte. I looked up the debit in my spg account, and I spent 3000 points for two of the tortes. I believe they were 45 euro each, or 3 euro cents per point, which is a good value in my opinion. The torte is, incidentally, worth every penny of that 45 euro, and should not be missed. We brought those back home with us, and our family/friends insisted on getting the website address where they can be ordered.

Michael

PS: I looked it up, the address is below, and they're 47 euros.

https://www.imperialtorte.at/en/shop/
I concur.... I love the Imperial Torte, even moreso than the Original Sacher Torte at the Hotel Sacher. The wooden boxes make for impressive gifts and the cakes are just simply delicious. I would also recommend going to Demel for their cakes -- wow!!

I love the Imperial very much -- it is one of my favourite hotels in the world and the Concierge does wonders in getting tickets to the StaatsOper or Vienna Phil tickets at the Musikverein.