FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Royal Hawaiian Honolulu, Hawaii post renovation 2009 [Master Thread]
Old Aug 25, 2009, 7:03 pm
AICML

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I just came back from a stay at the RH using the FWN awards. At first I'll admit I was a little disappointed when I was only given an upgrade to a partial ocean view room. However, I really ended up loving the hotel despite the rooms being on the smaller side and the lack of a suite upgrades.

The hotel is in a great location on Waikiki beach. I think the beach in front of the property is part of the nicest stretch of the beach. The lounge chairs on the beach are really comfortable, but you do need to arrive early to claim a spot.

The nightly turndown service was a nice touch. I always received a bottle or two of Hawaiian water and chocolate coins. I also liked the tasty banana bread you receive upon arrival.

The lei greeting, pink lemonade, and cold towel make check in relaxing and inviting. The staff in general always had a smile on their face and were helpful and friendly, although the person who checked us in was somewhat emotionless.

There were only two of us in the room so there was definitely enough space, but I can imagine if you had a family you'd be better off staying somewhere else if you weren't in a suite.

I also was granted late check out until 6:00pm with no problem. I was pretty much asked what time I wanted to check out. It seemed like they really wanted to accomodate me.

Overall a really nice stay. The location is great, the grounds are really pretty, the furniture throughout the resort is really comfortable, and the staff is friendly. I didn't appreciate how nice the RH property was until I stayed at the Sheraton Kauai.